Can Soot and Smoke Odors in My Mahopac Business Be Eliminated Without Replacing Everything Affected?
If you ever need help cleaning up in the aftermath of a commercial fire, call SERVPRO of Putnam County.
Soot and Smoke Odors in Mahopac
SERVPRO, a Local Mahopac Company, is Often Able to Successful Remediate Fire-Damaged Businesses Without Having to Replace Everything Impacted by the Fire.
Fires at Mahopac commercial properties are a relatively common occurrence. Carelessly discarded cigarette butts, spontaneously combusting flammable inventory items, wind-blown wildfires, and fires spreading from neighboring establishments are all potential causes of these commercial disasters. These unforeseen situations usually arise without much warning and can lead to substantial losses. Fires can close your firm for extended periods, robbing it of revenue, damage or destroy your valuable inventory and business document, and even lead to the failure of your entire enterprise. With that said, companies like SERVPRO can help you avoid, mitigate, or overcome these catastrophic issues.
What Kind of Fire-Damaged Business Properties Can Be Successfully Restored?
SERVPRO’s technicians are highly trained and experienced in handling commercial fire damage in Mahopac and its environs. The firm itself is certified by the trusted Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), and the organization has credentialed company experts in such fields as Fire and Smoke Restoration, Odor Control, and Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning. Our company has extensive experience in effectively remediating fire damage in the following types of commercial, industrial, and residential structures:
• Large, high-rise office towers
• Small office buildings
• Hotels and motels
• Big-box retail stores
• Small retail establishments
• Restaurants of all sizes
• Industrial & manufacturing sites
• Apartment and condo complexes of all sizes
SERVPRO, from its experience, clearly understands the different measures necessary to successfully deal with fire damage in each of these types of buildings.
What Time and Money-Saving Services Does SERVPRO Offer?
In remediating your commercial structure, our workers first try to restore fire-damaged materials instead of simply replacing them. This allows us to save you time and money. Some of the services and areas of your home we focus our efforts on are:
• Fire damage mitigation
• Removing smoke soot from structural elements like floors, walls, ceilings, and attic rafters
• Fire-related odor control
• HVAC system cleaning
• Furniture and personal property restoration
• Destroyed component reconstruction
All of these services seek to minimize the effects of a fire, restore damaged structural elements and personal property, eliminate airborne fire-related particulate matter, and control odors.
How Exactly Does SERVPRO Cleanup Soot and Neutralize Smoke Odors, Without Having to Discard Most Fire-Impacted Materials?
SERVPRO technicians handle all commercial fire damage in a methodical way. They employ various sophisticated cleaning and restoration measures to save as many fire-damaged materials as possible. This also enables us to get jobs done more quickly. The following list details some of the many ways we work to return your property to its pre-fire condition:
• Cleaning glass and windows with low-alkaline glass cleaners
• Removing non-grease-based residues with dry sponges
• Cleaning dry and oil-based residues from wooden, metal, and painted surfaces using wet methods
• Using both wet and dry methods to remove soiling from various structural elements and household contents
• Employing peroxide active cleaning methods to remove thick soot from fragile surfaces
• Remediating HVAC systems with general-purpose detergents and deodorants, and ultra-low volume (ULV) foggers
The results of all these efforts are that we save more damaged materials and restore your home to its pre-fire condition more quickly.
As a Mahopac business owner, the last thing you ever want to experience is a catastrophic fire. Even relatively small blazes can do substantial long-term harm to your bottom line. Inventory could be impacted or destroyed, the structural integrity of your business facility could be compromised, and, if a fire is severe enough, your commercial site might be closed for days or weeks as repairs are completed. With all that said, you should not ignore the very real possibility that one day your site might suffer fire damage. Therefore, as a responsible business operator, you should know what can be done if such a disaster befalls your commercial structure. Also, in order to limit losses, you should prepare to act quickly in the event of a fire. In general, the sooner you address the resulting fire damage, the faster and cheaper it can be repaired.
Commercial fires often affect owners, customers, employees, and communities. They rob these various parties of income, service, and economic contributions. As a result, business fires can be traumatic for numerous people in a town or city. If the impacted firm is big enough, it may even affect an entire town, city, or region. It is for all of these reasons that business owners should remain vigilant against fire risks and remediate any fire damage done to their businesses as soon as possible.
If you ever need help cleaning up in the aftermath of a commercial fire, call SERVPRO of Putnam County at (845) 228-1090.
What Causes Bathroom Sink Leaks?
Inspect the plumbing under your sink often for signs of leaks.
IICRC-Certified Technicians Perform Water Restoration Services for Southeast Homes
Whether the source is as simple as a loose connection or requires more thorough repairs, a bathroom sink leak can wreak havoc on your under-sink cabinetry and create a thriving environment for mold. Catching a leak too late can mean higher repair and replacement costs for Southeast homeowners without professional help.
If your Southeast home needs bathroom water restoration services, SERVPRO technicians are available 24/7 to remove water damage, eliminate microbes, and restore or replace your cabinets.
Troubleshooting a Bathroom Sink Leak
- Loose connections. One of the most prevailing causes of a sink leak in your bathroom is easily rectified by tightening the retaining nut with a pipe wrench and adjusting connections with channel lock pliers. Reapply plumber’s tape where needed.
- A malfunctioning drain flange. The metal “collar” surrounding your drain can crack or erode over time, which can often be fixed by removing the old plumber’s putty and replacing it with new material.
- Some pipes may require replacement. Before attempting replacement yourself, shut off the water in your home and take your old assembly to a hardware store to determine what size sink trap and tailpiece you need. Make sure to have plumber’s tape ready to cover visible pipe threads and get new slip nuts.
SERVPRO Dries Bathroom Cabinetry to a Pre-Loss State
SERVPRO technicians use a combination of air movers and dehumidifiers to address water damage after extracting the bulk of moisture with tools like extraction wands. Before drying can begin, however, technicians can prepare your cabinetry by removing the toe-kick and drilling small holes to facilitate an even distribution of airflow. We sanitize water-affected spaces with EPA-registered antimicrobials.
SERVPRO of Putnam County helps homeowners save with mitigation services that are Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (845) 228-1090 for cleanup 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
More about Southeast.
Why Can’t My Cleaning Crew Handle My Carmel Office’s Mold Damage?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Mold Removal Companies Like SERVPRO Follow EPA Protocols Resulting in the Best Outcomes for Carmel Businesses
Mold growth is unlike other kinds of dirt or staining found in your Carmel business office. Your housekeeping staff might express a combination of embarrassment that the mold or mildew exists, and reassurances indicating they feel confident they can eradicate the microbial growth. Without taking anything away from their dedication to your business, it is a far more reasonable plan to seek for a mold remediation expert.
What Is Mold Remediation?
When you struggle with a fungal infestation on the walls, floors, or other areas of your Carmel offices, hiring mold removal companies with proven positive outcomes is critical. It is essential to understand that, strictly speaking, it is not possible to remove all mold spores from typical office environments. Our focus is to mitigate the conditions contributing to the mold proliferation and to remediate the damage done by active mold colonies. This forms the basis of mold remediation protocols developed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA):
• Locate the mold
• Contain the mold-infested space
• Remove the mold
• Clear away the debris
• Apply EPA-registered antimicrobials to minimize rebound
• Eliminate the cause of mold growth to inhibit future outbreaks
What Is the Number One Predictor of Mold Growth in Any Space?
Whether in residences or commercial buildings, active and progressive mold growth always requires a water or moisture source. SERVPRO crews arriving to address your mold damage inspect your structure to determine where the moisture comes into the equation. Even as we take steps to remove the current mold outbreak, we are mindful that a plan must be created to fix the leak, lower the humidity, avoid the spills, or take whatever steps are needed to remedy the moisture problem.
The mold remediation team at SERVPRO of Putnam County reacts quickly to your current mold issues but urges long term protection to avoid future problems. Call us at (845) 228-1090 to discuss your options.
Why Should I Call Trained Restoration Technicians After a Fire?
Fire damage creates a stressful event for homeowners. SERVPRO has the equipment and experience to make your home, "Like it never even happened."
Fire Damage Addressed by SERVPRO Cleans Up Your Mahopac Home Faster and Safer Than DIY Methods Alone
A Mahopac house fire is devastating no matter the size or the cause, so you must act fast to minimize loss after extinguishing the fire. Waiting too long to start the cleanup leaves you with lingering odors and the chance of secondary damage. There is also the potential threat of mold growth if moisture is left behind from the process of dousing the flames. Calling in trained experts gives you the prompt action you need to make it just "Like it never even happened."
The Fire is Out, What Now?
SERVPRO is here when you need us with 24/7 emergency services to help you face the Mahopac's fire damage that ripped through your home. We come in to assess the debris and structural damage throughout the home, while also remaining mindful of airborne threats and hidden moisture. Our crew chief works with the team to formulate a plan using our specialized process to determine the best tools and equipment in our arsenal to address your cleanup project. Early mitigation and specialized techniques for cleaning up stubborn soot and smoke residue cut back on the damage severity and any potentially hazardous and long-last effects.
What is Your Company Able to Do for Fire Restoration?
We remain mindful of any cracks or crevices throughout your interior where the residue from soot and smoke may have traveled. Our skilled technicians remove all debris and damaged materials so that we can smoothly transition into the restoration and replacement steps. We always treat each job as unique and utilize our resources in the best way possible, such as:
- The removal, or pack out, of any personal belongings that would benefit most from off-site cleaning at our facility.
- Inspecting structural elements thoroughly to ensure safety.
- Inhibiting corrosive action and further damage to all surfaces by carefully removing soot.
- Cleaning all ceilings, walls, and other surface areas safely to salvage whatever possible.
- If smoke permeated into the walls and insulation, we can remove the first few inches and replace it with new insulation.
Why Call Your Team Rather than Cleaning the Damage Myself?
Charred debris and stubborn odors linger for a long time after a Mahopac fire, primarily when they do not get addressed with professional techniques. We recommend intervention from our IICRC-certified team after a fire in your home for several reasons:
- Toxicity left behind from charred debris and residue is a potential health hazard for you and your family after a fire. SERVPRO arrives and gets to work fast while wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) to work as safely as possible for you and our team.
- It is not uncommon for ceilings, walls, and floors throughout your home to be unstable after a fire. We carefully assess your structure to determine what needs attention first.
- Whatever chemicals or water used to put out the flames need cleaning to inhibit secondary damage. We use specialized extraction techniques and moisture detection tools to be sure nothing is left behind.
- Our detailed plan of action tells us the cleaning agents and methods required on all of the different materials and surface areas throughout your home. This plan is essential so our team can salvage as much as possible while also determining what must be entirely removed and replaced.
- Disinfectants and cleaning agents approved by the EPA allows our team to effectively clean and disinfect your interior so that everything is ready for you to enter once again.
We Address Charred Building Materials
Charring is a common find with fire damage restoration, and our team has the skills and experience to address everything to get your structure back to preloss condition.
- If the wooden studs within your walls are slightly charred, we have special techniques to remove the charring only. We can strip away the charring so that it can be sealed and refinished, if necessary.
- Should we find that the charring is substantial, we may be able to use steel brushes. In some cases, we use soda blasting or dry ice blasting to pull away more charring successfully.
What About this Discoloration and Sticky Residue on My Belongings?
Our skilled crew's cleaning methods to clean this smoke and soot residue depend on several factors. During a fire, the hot smoke travels through the home to flow through walls and penetrate porous materials. The type of smoke created plays a role in the exact measures taken during restoration. We can use wet or dry-cleaning methods to pull up this residue and restore your belongings and surface areas to like-new condition.
SERVPRO of Putnam County is here when you need help with harsh fire damage in Mahopac. Have a crew deployed to your location in as little as four hours or less by calling (845) 228-1090.
What Should I do When a Pipe Bursts in my Mahopac Home?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Flood Damage in Mahopac
After shutting off the water supply to prevent further losses, contact your insurance provider and professional restoration service. SERVPRO is an expert restoration company that can bring your Mahopac home back to its preloss condition.
How Much Water Spills from a Burst Pipe?
When a water pipe bursts, it can eject up to four hundred liters an hour into your home. It can be challenging to move gallons of water from your property without using a professional flood damage restorer in Mahopac. SERVPRO responds quickly to emergency call-outs and can efficiently drain your property to prevent further damage. Our crew chiefs have extensive experience in dealing with flood recovery and can quickly assess the situation before putting in place a sound restoration strategy.
Should I Worry About Water Contamination from a Burst Pipe?
Problems in your home's plumbing system are frequently clean water emergencies. This means that there is a low chance of water contamination with many of your possessions and building materials salvageable. However, even clean water contains some microbes. These microbes can reproduce and escalate a clean water emergency into a grey or black water emergency overtime- as little as seventy-hours in some cases. You must reach out to professional restorers as soon as you discover flooding in your property to limit loss.
What Damages can Occur from Burst Pipes?
• Large amounts of water in a property can put pressure on a building's frame and warp natural construction materials like wood
• Mold thrives in the presence of moisture which can quickly spread throughout the house
• Water migration into subfloors and wall cavities can require lengthy structural cavity drying procedures
• Water stagnation can affect possessions and items like carpets causing permanent damages.
How can you Prevent Water Damages after a Pipe Bursts?
The strongest method of mitigating loss is to remove excess water and thoroughly dry the affected area. SERVPRO can deploy powerful electric submersible pumps to transport water out of the property. In smaller areas, our team can use water extractors as well as equipment like air movers to increase the drying procedure and restore your home.
If a water emergency strikes, contact SERVPRO of Putnam County at (845) 228-1090.
Who Can I Call to Apply a Disinfectant in My Mahopac Office?
Remind employees to wipe down everything on their desks. When the job calls for more, call SERVPRO.
SERVPRO Teams Can Disinfect Offices in Mahopac on Your Schedule
The US Department of Homeland Security has created guidelines to designate certain businesses as essential, which will remain open and operating during the mandatory shutdown. They provide the things we need to maintain some level of consistency for basic living including, grocery stores, all food and beverage stores, laundromats, gas stations, hardware stores, healthcare offices, and skilled trades such as electricians, plumbers, and vehicle repair shops. Essential infrastructure in Mahopac is also vital at this time, including utilities, garbage pickups, and public transportation, as well as services such as law enforcement and companies with the resources to support businesses with preventing the spread of germs.
SERVPRO can help keep the environments that essential businesses occupy clean to protect the Mahopac employees and the public who need to utilize these services.
What sanitizing agents does SERVPRO use to help with the cleaning and application of a disinfectant?
- We utilize EPA-Registered List N cleaners and disinfectants
- To effectively apply these products, SERVPRO technicians adhere to instructions specific to each cleaning agent, including application methods, dilution requirements, contact and dwell times, and viral pathogen cleanup instructions approved to mitigate any contaminants.
- Our SERVPRO crew administers products to high-touch surfaces with powered applicators such as thermal and ULV foggers, misters.
- Our equipment and crews are suitable for any size facility from large manufacturing plants to retail stores, food preparation facilities, or even a small medical office.
SERVPRO of Putnam County provides cleanup service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster so that your facilities stay safe. Whether you need a one-time cleaning service call or want to set up a more regular schedule, please call us today at (845) 228-1090.
Advice from the medical and scientific community regarding how to deal with the coronavirus is based on present knowledge, which is subject to change as the situation continues to develop. There can be no assurance that disinfectants alone will be adequate to fully eliminate the virus. We are not physicians or infectious disease professionals. Consult your medical professionals for individual medical advice.
How Do I Remove Water Damage from My Attic?
Attics are frequent locations of water damage. Inspect your attic often.
Mahopac Residential Water Damage Cleanup Pros at SERVPRO Stand Ready to Help
Roof damage and storms are not the only causes of attic water damage. Pipe leaks and HVAC malfunctions can also affect this already vulnerable area of the home. A fast and proactive response is the optimal way to minimize repair costs and property loss.
When HVAC or plumbing issues affect your home's safety and comfort, SERVPRO is ready to provide cost-effective water damage mitigation for your Mahopac residence. This team is available for cleanup 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to assist homeowners with any size disaster.
What Can I Do to Prevent Attic Water Damage?
Minimize attic water damage with ventilation, insulation, and maintenance. Keep these tips in mind:
- Ensure that your attic has proper ventilation. This ventilation reduces the humidity of the space, but it can improve overall indoor air quality.
- Check on your insulation. Insulation in your attic should be thick, dry, and soft. Moist, thin, or flat insulation can create humid conditions that allow condensation to damage your attic.
- Make sure appliances vent outside. IF vents in your home blow into the attic, your ducts may not be able to handle that much moisture.
How Can SERVPRO Dry My Attic?
This team uses a combination of centrifugal air movers and commercial grade dehumidifiers to pull moisture out of surfaces and isolate it for disposal. Refrigeration coils and desiccant materials are common materials used for dehumidification.
While low-grain refrigerant dehumidification is ideal for general drying down to approximately 20% relative humidity (RH), they are not ideal for every surface that needs drying. Desiccant dehumidifiers are an excellent option for drying structural materials that require even lower humidity levels for restoration, like hardwood and plaster.
SERVPRO of Putnam County has the tools and techniques needed to keep your home looking, "Like it never even happened." Call (845) 228-1090 for restoration services at any time of the day or night.
More about Mahopac.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Mahopac, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Putnam County today at (845) 228-1090 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Will My Flooded Mahopac Home Ever Get Back to Normal?
When our area faces flooding, many homes can be affected. If your home gets flooded, call the certified technicians at SERVPRO right away.
Calling in the Help of Trained Technicians at SERVPRO Ensures Your Mahopac Home Is Restored Quickly After Flood Damage
Water infiltration due to heavy storm rain in Mahopac can wreak havoc throughout the basement or first floor of your home. This potentially contaminated water is not only a threat to your health but also your home’s structure and all of your belongings. Hiring trained flood restoration technicians like our SERVPRO team gets you the prompt service you need. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster, and we are available when you need us, 24/7.
How Do You Assess My Property After the Flood?
Following flood loss, your interior must be thoroughly assessed. Once SERVPRO arrives to determine the level of flood damage in Mahopac, we can put a solid plan into action. Because safety hazards are common with floodwater, we take all of the necessary precautions before starting the water remediation and restoration plan. Some of the steps that we take to ensure a safe environment for everyone on the worksite includes:
- Scoping the property for any potential electrical hazards
- Testing the flood water to determine the level of contamination
- Placement of ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) on various electrical equipment
- All of our team members wear appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE)
- We work diligently to locate any areas where mold can grow.
How Does the Flood Cleanup Work?
Once our team onsite has a plan in place, we use professional-grade pumps and extraction tools to bring as much water out of your home as possible as quickly as we can. After all standing water is removed, our team then uses a unique formula that tells us how many drying implements to place throughout the flood loss zone in Mahopac. We use drying equipment, such as:
- Industrial fans
- Air movers
While some homeowners try the DIY route for cleaning drying their interior, you should know that there is a significant difference between industrial-strength and consumer equipment. SERVPRO uses high-powered centrifugal air movers that help increase airflow in the space so that any embedded moisture rises. From there, the dehumidifiers work to capture the moisture from the air.
What Do You Do to Stop Foul Odors from Developing?
Along with the use of powerful pumps to extract the standing water in your home, our skilled technicians also remove any porous materials such as carpeting and padding. In most flood water situations, these materials must be disposed of and replaced entirely. Here is what we know about microbial growth and how it can impact your home:
- All surfaces are susceptible to mold and mildew growth, with saturated porous materials and hidden moisture pockets posing the most significant threat
- Microbial growth can begin to develop within about 24 to 48 hours of the start of the flood loss
- The application of antimicrobial agents to the surfaces throughout your house help to slow and inhibit microbial growth
Why is Moisture Such an Issue?
Any humidity or moisture left in your home after flood loss should never be ignored. Failing to locate and address all water and hidden moisture pockets can bring about dangerous mold. It is our goal to keep all clients safe from the infestation of mold by providing same-day cleanup. If any of the walls within your home show water damage, flood cuts are made just above the waterline. The damaged drywall is removed to allow for ample drying, then replaced to make the walls look like their preloss condition.
We Implement Special Drying Methods When Necessary
If you have hardwood floors within your home impacted by the flood, we have specialized drying methods. A drying application known as “tenting” may be used to extract moisture from floorboards. By using plastic sheeting taped to the floor and placing air movers and desiccant dehumidifiers, our team can force warm air in and then extract the vapor.
In some instances, we may use drying mats strategically placed on the floors. These drying mats must be moved regularly throughout the drying phase so that the boards do not suffer permanent damage from over-drying, such as splintering. After the humidity levels and moisture content is back to normal, any slight crowning or cupping of the flooring can be sanded lightly before the surface gets refinished.
How Can I Be Sure My Interior is Safe?
For the final steps of the flood damage cleanup, our trained technicians double-check to ensure structural integrity. We inspect all areas that were impacted by water, and each surface gets thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with EPA-registered products. Our team also generates a detailed report of the cleanup for you to have that goes over all repairs.
Whenever you find yourself in need of emergency flood damage restoration, you can trust our team at SERVPRO of Putnam County to be there. We are available 24/7 for water cleanup and restoration to make everything “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call at (845) 228-1090, and we will send a team out as soon as possible to get started with your assessment.
We Have The Best Techniques To Restore Your Mahopac Home After A Flood
This homeowner experienced major storm damage to their home after a tornado ripped through the area. We arrived right away and began restoration.
Flood Damage Restoration In Mahopac Could Involve Spot And Stain Removal
Winter storms that come through the Mahopac region can bring with them high-speed winds. When it gets windy during a storm, it is possible that objects like rocks or branches can get blown into your roof's shingles or a window and create a hole for moisture to enter. If the breach in your structure occurs in the middle of the storm, there is a chance that rain or snow can enter your home.
Broken windows or roof shingles can also cause other water on the roof of your house to enter your structure. Before beginning any flood damage work in Mahopac, a professional restoration company such as SERVPRO first finds the leak and seals it to keep moisture from entering. Next, we can take several steps to mitigate any moisture-related issues present.
When the contents and building materials inside your house get wet, your carpets especially can start to attract dirt and soils. Water coming into your home from the outside can also contain dirt and cause your carpets to stain. After our SERVPRO technicians remove all of the moisture from your structure using extraction and drying procedures, our last step is to conduct a final cleaning process, which can include cleaning your affected carpets.
When cleaning carpets, our SERVPRO crew pays extra attention to any stains or spots that exist on your floors, caused by flood damage. We can treat high-traffic areas, stains, and spots before we clean them to help remove them. The first step to removing spots is to vacuum up all of the loose debris on the carpets.
Next, we determine what type of soiling exists. Soils can either be tracked in or dropped in, and we start by trying to figure out what made each stain. Once we know what caused the staining, we can then implement the best carpet cleaning detergent and spot removal agent for each specific spot. The general rule is that like cleans and dissolves like so oil-based stains are best removed with oil-based products, and water-based spots get cleaned well water-based solutions.
If you ever have rain or snow enter your home during a winter storm, call SERVPRO of Putnam County at (845) 228-1090 24/7. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
See more about Mahopac.