Electrical Fire in Putnam County garage damages home
An electrical fire that started in the garage of this Carmel, N.Y. home caused smoke and soot damage throughout the home- including the family room, kitchen and master bedroom. In addition to the walls and floors, the hardwood flooring, carpeting and personal belongings such as clothing and bedding were affected.
Because the fire occurred in November, we used our generator to power the drying and heating equipment required to start the job while awaiting for the home to be winterized.
After a dumpster was delivered, we began demolition of the acoustic ceilings, sheetrock walls and carpeting. We also disposed of the mattresses and couches as well as other non-salvageable items. The crew boxed up many of the homes contents and furniture for off-site cleaning and storage.
Throughout the home we performed a "puffback" cleaning which includes washing all surfaces and cleaning the air with our filtration system.
House fires and the smoke and soot they create leave behind a big mess. Call the team with over twenty years of experience in the Putnam County, NY area to clean your home of fire damage.