Mahopac Residents Need Water Restoration after Sewage Backup
Sewage backup and water restoration in Mahopac are preventable.
Mahopac is a cozy Carmel suburb of just over 8,000 residents. Carmel is a lovely, laid-back place to live or work, and it is close enough to New York that you can reach the big city easily if you want to.
Adolphus Philipse, the son of a wealthy Anglo-Dutchman, patented a massive parcel of land in the Mahopac area in 1697. Families migrated from all over the place to rent land from Philipse. Many incomers were farmers, but the area was also home to blacksmiths and wheelwrights, who assisted the farmers. Through the American Revolution, Mahopac was strategically important, with many troops stationed nearby.
From the mid-nineteenth century, the area became famous as a summer resort. Today, Lake Mahopac's beauty, combined with easy access to gorgeous rolling countryside, makes Mahopac and Carmel popular with those who want to escape New York and enjoy some time in the country.
Explore Mahopac and the Hudson River Valley
Mahopac makes a fantastic base for exploring the wider Putnam County and Hudson River Valley areas. There are several fascinating towns within reach of Mahopac, so why not take a tour of the place? Be sure to stop and visit:
- Poughkeepsie is a fascinating college town filled with educational history and beautiful luxury homes from America's Gilded Age. You can visit the Vanderbilt Mansion, enjoy the hundreds of trees at Vassar College Arboretum, or stroll along the Hudson.
- White Plains is a popular city just 30 minutes from NYC, and it is a shopper's paradise. The famous Westchester Mall features several luxury flagship stores. If you get tired of shopping, the city has a wealth of outdoor leisure options, including parks, hiking, and even an aquatic playground.
- Hopewell Junction is a tiny, wealthy hamlet with excellent schools and a gentle pace of life, an ideal destination for a quiet afternoon.
Enjoy the best hiking and views near Mahopac.
Mahopac also offers easy access to stunning hiking trails and nature destinations. Be sure to check out:
- Wonder Lake State Park is home to artificial Wonder Lake and also boasts miles of walking trails. You can spot otters, ospreys, and even turtles in the area.
- Mt. Ninham State Forest has well-signposted trails through the trees and a fire tower that offers fantastic views.
- Fahnestock State Park offers the perfect balance of rugged mountain hiking trails and easily accessible clean beaches. There are lots of benches, picnic spots, and even camping spots so that you can enjoy yourself at your own pace.
Can you prevent sewage backup?
No one wants to deal with sewage backup in their home. Several causes of sewage backup include clogged drains, damaged lines, or tree roots growing into the sewer system.
A sewage backup is a potential biohazard, which is why you should call SERVPRO as soon as it happens. Our team will arrive equipped with personal protective equipment and anti-microbial treatments.
There are things you can do to prevent sewage backup, too:
- Dispose of paper products correctly and do not flush anything that is not flushable.
- Do not pour cooking oil down any of your drains.
- Maintain your sewer system – deal with suspected tree roots or other maintenance issues quickly.
For help with sewage backup, call SERVPRO of Putnam County at (845) 228-1090.