Fire and Odor Damage in Your Carmel Home.
SERVPRO can provide fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup in Carmel
People have inhabited Carmel, NY, for several centuries, with the first known settlers being the Wappingers tribe. In 1697, a wealthy New York merchant purchased all of the lands that are now Putnam County.
During the Revolutionary War, the town made the history books when 16-year-old Sybil Ludington rode on horseback through Carmel and Kent to summons her father. Her father's "Ludington's Regiment" then went to work to fight off a British attack on Danbury, Connecticut.
After the Revolutionary War was over, the region broke into several towns, and Putnam County was formed. The city of Carmel was not officially established until April of 1785.
Carmel prides itself on having an exquisite parks system.
Now the small city of a little more than 30,000 people has a lot to offer to locals and visitors. The town has the following parks that people can enjoy:
- Sycamore Park: This facility is located between Long Pond Road and Long Pond. The park is 32 acres in size, with 18 being developed for land and water activities. The grounds contain a baseball/football field, four tennis courts, picnic and playground areas, a spacious beach, a dog park, a concession stand, and a paddle ball/handball court.
- Jimmy McDonough Memorial Park and Skate Park: This complex sits off Long Pond Road at the end of Angela Drive. The facility has a 60-foot diamond, a 90-foot diamond, three football/soccer fields, and a skate park. The park is open from March to November, and it also contains restrooms and concession buildings.
- Chamber Park: This facility is located in downtown Mahopac at the corner of Routes 6N and 6. The waterfront park is a carry-in and carry-out facility that is open year-round from dawn until dusk. The park has benches, walking trails, a gazebo, a fountain, and a playground.
- Red Mills Park: These grounds span about seven acres and are located at the corner of Hill Street and Route 6N. The facility contains watercourses running through it with walking bridges leading over the water. The park's features include benches, a gazebo, walking paths, and an open meadow.
SERVPRO can help with fire restoration in Carmel
One main problem with fire-damaged homes is the presence of unpleasant aromas. Smoke damage can come in the form of burnt aromas when the particles penetrate your contents and building materials deeply.
In many cases, fire damage restoration can include cleaning and deodorization procedures. Our SERVPRO technicians can assist with the following services:
- Fire Restoration
- House Fire Clean Up
- Water & Fire Damage Restorations
- Smoke Remediation
The first step to restoring fire and smoke damage is to secure the work area and remove any burnt debris. Next, we can clean any surfaces in your home that have soot residues.
If foul odors still exist after these first two steps, we can then conduct deodorization procedures as a part of the smoke remediation process. Ultra-low volume (ULV) and thermal foggers break down deodorants into microscopic particles so they can move through your structure in the same way the smoke did. Ozone generators can be used to neutralize malodor particles.
If you ever need fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup, call SERVPRO of Putnam County at (845) 228-1090.